Tuesday

I ovulate 8 days before my period starts, can i get pregnant?

I ovulate 8 days before my period starts, can i get pregnant?

I am irregular but i started being regular for two months strait now, although, am ovulating 10 to 8 days before my period starts so is difficult for me to really know if i can really conceive?? Please help!!!

From what I've read, it's very difficult to get pregnant naturally if you ovulate 10 or less days before your period. If I were you, I would use ovulation tests and track things for another couple of months to see if anything changes. After that, you might want to talk to a doctor.

I know earlier i posted i didn't want to get pregnant beacuse am having my wedding this december but since my doctor informed me that is harder for irregular woman so my husband and i came into an agreement to try and concieve because his 27 years old and am about to turn 23 and we don't want to risk not having a child and last night aroud 9 pm i took an ovulation test because  i saw the clear mucus and the test came out positive but my cycle starts 28 or 29 of this month, do you think i can still get pregnant?

First of all, you don't need to be in any rush to get pregnant. You're both still very young. As far as getting pregnant goes, it all depends on how long things take. It generally takes 2-3 days for the sperm to travel up the fallopian tube to fertilize the egg. The fertilized egg takes 2-3 days to travel down the fallopian tube into the uterus. Then, it can take a could of days for the egg to implant. If you are too close to your period your uterine lining will still shed, even if the egg implants. If I were you, I would go ahead and wait until after you get married to worry about getting pregnant. Planning a wedding is stressful, you don't need the added stress of trying to get pregnant. You also want to be able to fully enjoy your honeymoon. (Trust me! I was 7 months pregnant when I got married. A honeymoon would have been our last chance for a vacation without kids. But, we weren't able to take one. It may not seem important to you now, but you'll look back and wish you'd had the chance.) Then you can deal with trying to get pregnant.

Source : http://www.parenting.com/Answers/Q/I-Ovulate-8-Days-My-Period-Starts-Can-I-Get-Pregnant

You might also like

Previous
Next Post »